Make a Wheel Launcher, and Win Prizes!
We are thrilled to open our new Spring contest. All young Tinkerers are eligible to participate! Parents and teachers, we hope you will encourage your kids to give it a try and send us a video.
Everyone who successfully creates a wheel flinging machine will get one of our real wood “I DID IT” stickers. And, the contest winner will receive a completely custom, hand-made oak toolbox built by Oakland woodworker Greg Laird. This is a beautifully designed box made from top quality oak and maple with dovetailed construction. It has a steam-built handle that is made for strength and comfort, and a sliding tray insert for small parts. It will be customized with the name of the winner. Here’s a sneak peek:
The Grand Prize: A Hand-Made Wood Toolbox
- Hand made by Oakland woodworker Greg Laird.
- Solid oak, with dovetailed construction.
- Sliding tray with solid maple rails provides storage for small parts.
- The winner’s name will be laser etched onto a circular wood nameplate.
- Steam-bent oak handle is contoured for comfort.
- And if you don’t win, you still get this wood sticker just for trying!
How to Enter:
- Get out your Electric Motors Catalyst kit and build the coolest wheel launcher you can. You can use whatever you want to build it, but it must include at least some parts from the Catalyst, and it should fling one (or more!) of the Catalyst wooden wheels.
- Take a video that shows how amazing it is. Feel free to explain how you built it and how it works. When we pick the winner, we’ll look at how creative the design is, and how effectively it launches wheels in terms of both accuracy and distance. Check out our Young Inventors page for examples of previous contest winners.
- Post the video on Facebook or Youtube. Or, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the entry form below so we know who you are and where to send the wood sticker… and the toolbox if you win!
The deadline is: Monday June 3, 2019. We will announce the winner a week later.
- Wheels may go flying, so wear your safety glasses!
- Use at least some parts from your Electric Motors Catalyst kit.
- By submitting your photo or video, you give us permission to use your entry for marketing purposes. We will credit the child by first name and home town only, see the Young Inventors page for examples.
- All young inventors age 15 or younger are welcome to participate in the contest; however, the entry form must be completed by either a parent/guardian or educator over the age of 18.
That’s it! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
– The Tinkering Labs Team