Create Something That Can Make a Loud Noise, and Win Prizes!
We are thrilled to announce the 2019 summer contest. All young Tinkerers are eligible to participate! What better way to spend the last days of summer than deep in a cool project? We hope you will encourage your kids to give it a try and send us a video. Scroll down for contest entry instructions and rules.
Everyone who successfully creates a device that makes a loud noise will get one of our “I DID IT” stickers made from real wood. And, the contest winner will receive a completely custom, hand-made oak toolbox built by Oakland woodworker Greg Laird. This is a beautifully designed box made from top quality oak and maple with dovetailed construction. It has a steam-bent handle that is made for strength and comfort, and a sliding tray insert for small parts. It will even be customized with the name of the winner. Here’s a sneak peek:
The Grand Prize: A Hand-Made Wood Toolbox
- Hand made by Oakland woodworker Greg Laird.
- Solid oak, with dovetailed construction.
- Sliding tray with solid maple rails provides storage for small parts.
- The winner’s name will be laser etched onto a circular wood nameplate.
- Steam-bent oak handle is contoured for comfort.
- And if you don’t win, you still get this wood sticker just for trying!
How to Enter:
- Get out your Electric Motors Catalyst kit and build a device that can make a loud noise. You can use whatever you want to build it, but it must include at least some parts from the Electric Motors Catalyst kit, and it should make an audible sound – the louder, the better!
- Take a video that shows the device making a loud noise. Feel free to explain how you built it and how it works. When we pick the winner, we’ll look at the creativity of the design and the nature of the sound coming from the device. A loud sound is good, an interesting sound is even better! Check out our Young Inventors page for examples of previous contest winners.
- Post the video on Facebook or Youtube. Or, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the entry form below so we know who you are and where to send the wood sticker… and the toolbox if you win!
The deadline is: Monday August 26, 2019. We will announce the winner a week later.
- Use at least some parts from your Electric Motors Catalyst kit.
- By submitting your photo or video, you give us permission to use your entry for marketing purposes. We will credit the child by first name and home town only, see the Young Inventors page for examples.
- All young inventors age 15 or younger are welcome to participate in the contest; however, the entry form must be completed by a parent/guardian or educator over the age of 18.
That’s all! Now open those Electric Motors Catalyst kits and get tinkering. We can’t wait to see (and hear) what you invent!
– The Tinkering Labs Team